"Kirra" 37 Reef Street, Hill End NSW 2850
Sold for $382,500
STRIKE GOLD WITH THIS HOME Farmlet - Property ID: 844541
Offered for the first time EVER this 1937 Californian Bungalow is set on 2,301sqm of landscaped gardens and is the perfect property for a country getaway or Tree change lifestyle. Situated in Historic Hill End, approx 72kms from Mudgee, this perfectly preserved village offers a laid back lifestyle with convenience.
* Immaculately maintained original Californian Bungalow
* Being sold on a walk in walk out basis with furniture
* Bungalow features 2 generous bedrooms plus third bedroom/sleep out
* Formal lounge with French doors to front porch
* Jindara wood heater plus Gas heating
* High ceilings, picture rails, wide skirts
* Eat in kitchen with electric upright stove
* Renovated bathroom with claw foot tub and pedestal basin
* Sunroom, internal laundry, storeroom, fernery
* Bunkhouse 3 bedrooms, lounge, kitchenette
* Huge 10m x 8m garage, powered workshop, tank shed
* 5 rain water storage tanks
* Terraced lawn overlooks oval, historic post office and courthouse
* Short stroll to royal hotel and cafes in Hill End
* Around an hour from Bathurst or Mudgee
* An easy four hours drive from the heart of Sydney.
HILL END - 72kms from Mudgee
Gold was discovered at Hill End in 1851, and by 1872 this thriving gold town had a population of over 8,000 people. Much of the original town has been preserved, and the village is listed on the National Estate, with many historic buildings being managed by the Department of Environment as historic sites.
Since the late 1940's, Hill End has become a haven for artists, and many of Australia's great painters, including Russell Drysdale, Donald Friend, Margaret Olley, John Olsen and Brett Whiteley have resided there at different times.
- Land Size Approx. - 2301.6 m2